Our two-week PTR testing period for the 2.7.3 update begins March 10 and we’re asking for your help to quell the tides of surging demons. Take a look at the preliminary patch notes below and start theorycrafting how you’ll make the most of the new Echoing Nightmare seasonal theme, Balance updates, and Greater Rift changes; Patch 2.7.3 PTR will be arriving soon. (via)
Die Entwickler von Diablo 3 veröffentlichten gestern Abend einen neuen Beitrag auf ihrer Communityseite, der die verbliebenen Spieler des Titels über den anstehenden Start einer neuen Testphase informieren sollte. Laut der Ankündigung soll der PTR für den kommenden Patch 2.7.3 bereits am 10. März 2022 starten. Die Laufzeit für den Test dieses Updates beträgt wie üblich erst einmal nur zwei Wochen.
Die in dem Beitrag enthaltenen Patchnotes informieren mögliche Tester praktischerweise schon jetzt darüber, was für Neuerungen in Patch 2.7.3 enthalten sind. Dazu gehören unter anderem einige Balanceänderungen für bestimmte Ausrüstungsteile und etwas größere Anpassungen an den größeren Nephalemrisse des Spiels. Des Weiteren werden die Entwickler für diese Testphase eine Reihe von Veränderungen an den nur für den PTR bestimmten Testhilfen durchführen.
Die größte Neuerung aus Patch 2.7.3 ist aber vermutlich das unter dem Namen „Echoing Nightmare„ laufende Thema für die nächste Saison. Dabei handelt es sich in diesem Fall aber nicht einfach nur um einen Effekt, sondern direkt um eine komplett neue Aktivität für saisonale Helden. In dieser Instanz erleben die Spieler ein mit extrem vielen Monstern gefülltes Event, welches herausfinden soll, wie lange sie sich dieser Herausforderung stellen können. Das möglichst lange Überleben ist wohl das Ziel dieses Contents. Als Belohnung erhalten die Spieler Gegenstände, EXP, Ressourcen und eine neue Art von Sockelstein.
Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.3 | Preview Blog:
Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.7.3.
New Season Theme: Season 26 introduces the Echoing Nightmare, an optional and rewarding end-game challenge where players fight within the memories of Nephalem who fell in a Greater Rift. Today’s Nephalem must stand their ground until they are inevitably Overwhelmed or defeated. Players must collect a Petrified Scream from defeated Greater Rift Guardians to gain entry to the Echoing Nightmare. Transmuting a Petrified Scream in Kanai’s Cube summons a portal that players can enter to face the horrors of the Nephalem’s past.
Season Theme Details:
- Petrified Screams and the Echoing Nightmare can only be accessed with seasonal characters.
- Only one player is required to transmute a Petrified Scream to open an Echoing Nightmare in a multiplayer game.
- Similar to a boss encounter, all players in a multiplayer game must accept a prompt to enter.
- While within an Echoing Nightmare, the difficulty scales as players progress in the encounter. Players can progress faster by defeating monsters quickly.
- Players receive the following rewards upon completing an Echoing Nightmare: EXP, Legendary Items, Blood Shards, Gems, and a new Legendary Gem, Whisper of Atonement.
- The Whisper of Atonement is a Legendary Gem used exclusively for Augmenting Ancient Legendary items. It drops pre-ranked based upon player’s performance in the Echoing Nightmare.
Developer’s Note: This is our first Seasonal Theme that introduces a new activity to the game. In the Echoing Nightmare, players will experience an intense, densely packed, increasingly challenging event that stretches their ability to stay in the fight as long as possible. We found inspiration in Orek’s warning, „Many nephalem have stood where you are now, but few succeeded in overcoming the trials.“ The Echoing Nightmare explores what happened to those Nephalem who did not succeed.
Orek’s Dream: Greater Rifts have a small chance to roll as Orek’s Dream. These dreamlike rifts have a curated list of maps and monster compositions.
- 3 maps have been added and 2 maps have been removed from the Greater Rift pool.
- Added: Fields of Misery, Desolate Sands and Briarthorn Cemetery
- Removed: Sewers of Caldeum, and Hidden Aqueducts
- The probability of Greater Rift maps has been adjusted.
- The probability of monster groups has been adjusted.
- The following monsters have been adjusted to grant more progression and EXP within Greater Rifts.
- Blazing Guardians
- Smoldering Guardians
- Frost Guardian
- Noxious Guardian
- Shock Guardian
- Blood Clan Spearman
- Dark Moon Clan Impaler
- Moon Clan Impaler
- Blood Clan Impaler
- Ice Clan Impaler
- Hell Witch
- Vile Temptress
- Players can speak to Orek to close an active Greater Rift. This option is only available when in a single player game.
Developer’s Note: We wanted to improve the Greater Rift experience through quality of life updates, balance changes and addressing community feedback. We reviewed all of the maps and monsters that appear in Greater Rifts and reworked the probabilities overall to make sure players spend more time with the content they enjoy. Less spaghetti and more chickens.
To improve the PTR testing experience, changes have been made to the bags sold by Djank Mi’em. Starting with PTR 2.7.3, we have removed the increased Legendary drop rate buff to allow for more precise drop rate testing. Class set bags are now consolidated into a single bag, which drops items based on the class that opens the bag. The changes are listed below.
PTR Weapons Pack
- Added: In-geom
- Added: The Furnace
PTR Armament Pack
- Added: Andariel’s Visage
- Added: Broken Crown
- Added: Cindercoat
- Added: Depth Diggers
- Added: Frostburn
- Added: Goldwrap
- Added: Ice Climbers
- Added: Lacuni Prowlers
- Added: Magefist
- Added: Tasker and Theo
- Added: Warzechian Armguards
PTR Jewelry Bag
- Added: Ess of Johan
- Added: Puzzle Ring
- Added: Rechel’s Ring of Larceny
- Added: Rondal’s Locket
PTR Bag of Fortune
- Added: 1 billion Gold
- Added: 3 of all Flawless Royal Gems
- Added: 3 of all Imperial Gems
- Added: 3 of all Hellfire Materials
- Added: 5 Greater Rift Keystone
- Patch 2.7.3 Items
New: PTR Bag of Recipes:
- Gives all Blacksmith and Jeweler Recipes
New: PTR Bag of Legendary Gems
- Gives all Legendary Gems at Rank 25
- Gives Legacy of Dreams at Rank 99
- Gives 13 Whisper of Atonement at Rank 100
New: PTR Bag of Followers
- Smoking Thurible
- Hand of the Prophet
- Vadim’s Surge
- Skeleton Key
- Slipka’s Letter Opener
- Ribald Etchings
- Relic of Akarat
- Enchanting Favor
- Hillenbrand’s Training Sword
- Broken Crown
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Spaulders of Zakara
- Rakoff’s Glass of Life
- Krede’s Flame
- Homing Pads
- Nemesis Bracers
- Gloves of Worship
- The Flavor of Time
- Avarice Band
- Dovu Energy Trap
- Custerian Wristguards
- Cord of the Sherma
- Ring of Royal Grandeur
- Oculus Ring
- Leoric’s Crown
- Blind Faith
- Ice Climbers
- Tal Rasha’s Relentless Pursuit
- Thunderfury, Blesssed Blade of the Windseeker
- Pig Sticker
Developer’s Note: We wanted to make it easier for players to jump in and try out new content.
- Legacy of Raekor (4-piece Bonus): Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune and deals 1000% increased damage. For every 1% Life you are missing, the damage of your Ancient Spear is increased by 2%.
- Legacy of Raekor (6-piece Bonus): Hitting enemies with Furious Charge increases the damage of your next Ancient Spear by 5500% and causes it to release multiple spears from its target. This effect stacks and is consumed from each released spear. This can only consume a maximum of 5 stacks at a time.
- Arreat’s Law: Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear deal 150-200% increased damage.
- Weapon Throw generates up to 25 additional Fury based on the distance of the enemy hit.
- Ancient Spear refunds up to 25 Fury based on the distance of the enemy hit.
- The Three Hundredth Spear: Increase the damage of Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear by 150-200%.
- Skular’s Salvation: Increase the damage of Ancient Spear by 150-200%. If your Ancient Spear – Boulder Toss hits 5 or fewer enemies, the damage is increased by 100%.
Developer’s Note: We reworked Raekor’s Legacy to give the set its own identity. It felt natural to the team to infuse the charging fantasy of Raekor’s Legacy with the Barbarian’s ranged skills.
- Thorns of the Invoker: The attack speed of Punish and Slash are increased by 100% and deal 67,500% of your Thorns damage.
- Norvald’s Fervor: Gain 200% increased damage while using Steed Charge and for 5 seconds after it ends.
Developer’s Note: Norvald’s Fervor is overperforming across multiple sets. We want to bring its power down, but we are Increasing the utility of Thorns of the Invoker to compensate.
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods: Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take 150%-200% more damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds.
Developer’s Note: We’re happy with the gameplay of Inna’s Mantra Monks, but the Fire build is overperforming, so we removed the Fire Ally bonus from the Bindings of the Lesser Gods.